Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

How can I speed things up?

Discuss GameBase, the Universal Emulator Frontend!

Moderator: Jimbo

c6
c64 crazy

How can I speed things up?

Tue Dec 06, 2005 12:47 pm

I just downloaded GB and i love it except for one issue. Do I have to enter my games into GB one at a time? There has to be another way. I have been researhing trying to find how to do this but haven't had any luck. Do people with 5,000 games enter their games one at a time? I only have 80 and dred setting up GB.
Mayhem
GB64 Team

Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:03 pm

So you got the frontend, but not the database for all the entries, or any of the games? Well the database is here for download, the games... well many of them can be downloaded here, or there's some media out there if you look hard to get them all...
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
c6
c64 crazy

Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:27 pm

Sorry if this is an easy issue, but i honestly have spend hours trying to learn this stuff on my own, with little luck. OK so I download the databases... then what? will the games i already have plug into that database? thanks a million for your help
c6
c64 crazy

Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:44 pm

OK... I got the database installed, and i even have the screenshots working. But when i try to verify my games, Gb doesn't recognise them. I have the path set correctly. what shodl I do? DO i need the game files compiled by the GB people so the file names match or what?
merman
Cool Member
Cool Member

Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:24 am

c64 crazy wrote:OK... I got the database installed, and i even have the screenshots working. But when i try to verify my games, Gb doesn't recognise them. I have the path set correctly. what shodl I do? DO i need the game files compiled by the GB people so the file names match or what?
That's the easiest way. But you can do this.

Highlight a game in the Gamebase window. Press CTRL+G or right-click and then Game File. Now find the file you want to use for that game (you can test to see that it is working). Click OK and Gamebase should use that file instead.

Return to “The GameBase Frontend”