Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

Sometimes I must doubleclick several times on a game...

Discuss GameBase, the Universal Emulator Frontend!

Moderator: Jimbo

rainbird

Sometimes I must doubleclick several times on a game...

Tue Sep 23, 2003 7:20 am

...to make it start. The first time i double-click, the emulator starts up in the small window, but never gets any further. It will just be like that for several minutes. But if I close it and double-click again, the game will usually start up without further problems.

Does this have something to do with my settings? Other that this, the GBC works like a charm :)
Sharky

Tue Sep 23, 2003 9:11 am

Ive noticed having Gamebase loaded seems to take a lot of memory, as sometimes ive had to close it for other applications.

What I havent had your problem as yet.
Thank-You for reading my post.
J2003C
GB64 Team

Tue Sep 23, 2003 5:23 pm

Which emulator? What do you mean "small window?" Do you mean a CMD window or an active emulator window? Either way, it sounds like an emulator problem, not a GB problem.
-J2010C-
rainbird

Wed Sep 24, 2003 5:47 pm

I only used what came with the GB-collection, and everything is set up according to instructions. The small window is the one that pops up when the emulator starts up, right b4 it goes full-screen...probably a CMD-window. I guess the default emulator is ccs64...

anyhoo, it stops when it comes to the CMD-window, but if I close it and double-click again on the same game, it usually works fine.
SexyWayne
Cool Member
Cool Member

Wed Sep 24, 2003 9:55 pm

Sharky wrote:Ive noticed having Gamebase loaded seems to take a lot of memory, as sometimes ive had to close it for other applications.

What I havent had your problem as yet.
you should install some more memory then, i have no problems with loads of programs running, mind you i've got over a gig of memory :D
Gu

Tue Oct 07, 2003 9:20 am

Same here, 1024 mb of memory. But I reinstalled XP, that seems to do the trick :)

Actually, the games would start up, but it could take up to a minute...
Gu

hmm

Tue Oct 07, 2003 9:58 am

Sounds like you had a problem with your windows installation. I used to run GB64 on a P2 450mhz with 128mb ram and it was nowhere near as slow as you reported!
J2003C
GB64 Team

Tue Oct 14, 2003 6:33 am

Another point is that jsut because an emulator came with GameBase, doesn't mean we created or support it.
-J2010C-

Return to “The GameBase Frontend”