Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

some games do not load on Gamebase Vic20 V0.2

Discuss the Commodore VIC20 database that uses the GameBase Frontend.

Moderator: Jimbo

repetto74
Keen Member
Keen Member

Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:56 pm

Hi,

Many thanks for this crucial update.
May I rise a simple question for those who do not have the possibility to upgrade to the latest Gameex.
What is really the point to have an "extra" folder where some games are stored ?
Is it possible to move them all into the game folder and update de game base database ?
Mayhem
GB64 Team

Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:25 pm

"Extras" are for the ORIGINAL images of games, such as TAPs. This is following the principle set by GB64, which I'm also a member of (hence why I'm here). The normal games are PRGs, D64s etc, basically dumped and modified versions of the games away from the original source.

If you wanted to recreate a tape, you can use the TAP to record back to a real cassette.

"Extras" are also for packaging scans, manual scans, help files and more. Basically, everything but the standalone game image.
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
repetto74
Keen Member
Keen Member

Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:29 am

Hi Mayhem

Many thanks for you clear explanation. Well I will then redirect the entire library from the extra folder manually to be able to play them with a non-fixed version of Gameex.

Thanks!

Return to “Commodore Vic20 - GameBaseVIC20”