Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

New DB Coming Soon..... GBGen!

Discuss any other databases that use the GameBase Frontend, whether in pre development, development or publically released.

Moderator: Jimbo

Krusty101

New DB Coming Soon..... GBGen!

Sun Sep 12, 2004 9:23 pm

Just thought I'd let all you guys know that I'm currently working on a Sega Genesis/Mega Drive database. It'll be based on the GoodGEN v0.999.8 database.

It shall contain 1200 games complete with at least 2 screenshots each, box scans and cart pics and hopefully music.

Once I get the db to a reasonable state I'll release a beta version. Any advice or suggestions are welcome.

Here's a pic of the splash screen

And a pic of the database in action

arthur_gill@hotmaIl.com
Cool Member
Cool Member

YIPPEEEEE!!!!

Mon Sep 13, 2004 8:35 am

Another Storming Database!
Who would have thought that after the release of GB64, that so many enthusiasts would jump to the challenge of creating new databases.

Excellent work.
:)
daveee65
Keen Member
Keen Member

Woohooo - Can't Wait!!!

Mon Sep 13, 2004 10:45 am

Fantastic News, what can I say, I'm sure loads of us have been dying for someone to tackle the Genesis for ages and your setup looks great! :D

I'm sure if you have got this far, you will be aware of the work by the Genesis Collective at http://www.genesiscollective.com/ - An awsome source of Genesis game data and a off-line version is available for download!

Unfortunately, the off-line files come in .chm (help-file) format, which makes them a little difficult to work with, but while making advance preparations for a GB Genesis database myself, I produced a working hack of the Genesis Collective in MS Word form [5.6 Megs] :wink:

It's a bit rough and ready and excludes the screenshots, but if you are prepared to sift through, there is a lot of worthwhile data there - You can have a copy if you like. Just let me know, or contact via e-mail.

Keep up the good work, Daveee.
Krusty101

Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:16 am

Thanks for the support and info guys. :)

Yeah, I already new about the Genesis Collective site and grabbed the screenshots. It's just a matter of getting all the info into each game. I did download the offline version and you're right they are a bit of a pain to sift through so that word file might come in handy. I'll pm you my e-mail address.

Krusty101
Krusty101

Tue Sep 21, 2004 4:34 pm

Just a quick update for ya.

Total Number of Games : 1181 (this may change)
Screenshots Assigned : 80% (0-S)
Extras Assigned: 0% (I do have all of these on HD tho)
Music Assigned: 0%

Music update: I know I said in my 1st post I didn't know whether or not I was going to include music in the db or not. Well, I found a site which had midis to just about every single gen game ever. I know, not the best music format in the world but it's better than nothing.

I keep ya'll posted on how it's progressing soon.

Krusty101

PS - I just started a new job so I'll only be working on the db in my spare time now, but I'll still give it as much time as I can. :)
Judd

Wed Sep 22, 2004 10:37 am

krusty - if your source document is CHM why not decompile it? There are plenty of free tools available for this. It might be easy to work with then
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
Groucho Marx
abelmiah

Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:11 pm

What's the latest, Krusty101? I'm drooling here...
hardmanm
Cool Member
Cool Member

Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:35 pm

Is this project dead or still in progress cos i would love to download it if available
hardmanm
Cool Member
Cool Member

Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:46 pm

I have Just started work on a genesis/megadrive gamebase, its seems like the one that was created a few years is dead and gone. Expect a realease sometime soon i hope.
Gamebase Developer
abelmiah

Thu May 14, 2009 12:42 pm

Well, it's been a few years since my last post. How are things coming along Krusty?

Maybe some of us could collaborate with you to help finish any odds and ends with the project.

Return to “Other GameBase Projects”