Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

MS-DOS Goldies Final update

Discuss any other databases that use the GameBase Frontend, whether in pre development, development or publically released.

Moderator: Jimbo

Seiya
Commended Member
Commended Member

MS-DOS Goldies Final update

Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:28 am

i decide to release a final update. 5-6-7 update will be in 1 archive with update games and extra.
I have add some games with 0 byte to replace to any games that i have deleted (double games, clones or not working games)
However solution and manual are not complete; there are however many manual and solution.
final archive will be big again, but i want to finish it
Paul Irvine
Cool Member
Cool Member

Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:03 am

Seiya, are these other updates going to be torrents again?

One or two gig is fine but anything above that really needs to be on Sendspace as these torrents are simply not working at all well.

I kept a track on the people who were d/ling and the ones that seeded after finished and most did as expected and jumped off leaving others to do the hard work.

At the moment with ZERO other bandwidth use I'm getting between 10 and 20K which means if left it will take 10days @ 24/7.

I know its not your fault but it makes the notion of getting more torrents a hardship and not to bother. Even on non pay file sharers (apart from putlocker and sendspace) you get a minimum of 50K unpaid.

Hell, I'd even sign up for a month to get full speed, sadly most will not host a single 16gig file.

Again, I really appreciate your work but many of your forum members simply took and ran, I'm really hoping the ones that are coming up to 100% in the queue bother to hang on, sometimes it looks like there a start of a good number of seeds and then they just go..
-------
Loved ones are never gone as long as you remember them....
Seiya
Commended Member
Commended Member

Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:28 am

i know, i'm sorry, but the torrent are esported in country where the bandwitch is higher so someone in seed could keep torrent for many people.
Paul Irvine
Cool Member
Cool Member

Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:35 am

Just looking now and there not one single person from your forum seeding..

They should be ashamed of themselves, truly leeches.

Oh wait there two Italians seeding and a majority of the cue is Italian based so if any of these people could be bothered to seed this torrent could fly, sadly they come, leech and run.

None of this is your fault, its just people being greedy and refusing to be a decent person and seed.
-------
Paul Irvine
Cool Member
Cool Member

Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:43 pm

Now no seeders at all.....

I see you asked at least 10 people to seed before you release the other updates, maybe you should make it 20 as they are simply not taking notice.

Never seen anything like this over the years using torrents, it was just the done thing that you seeded at least the same amount you downloaded or 2x +
-------
Seiya
Commended Member
Commended Member

Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:17 pm

because on other portal, the seed are not detected.
Only when you download the file, you seed how many seed there are.
At this moment there are 10 seed on italian site, it's not much, but better of none.
.mad.
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:21 pm

Seiya wrote:because on other portal, the seed are not detected.
Only when you download the file, you seed how many seed there are.
At this moment there are 10 seed on italian site, it's not much, but better of none.
I think the problem will be the trackers in the torrent file.

Paul,
if you download the torrent file from the first site it was uploaded it to, the second, third or fourth sites trackers won't be loaded in your torrent client list.

Examples
http://tracker.tntvillage.scambioetico. ... 0/announce
udp://fr33dom.h33t.com:3310/announce
udp://tracker.publicbt.com:80/announce
udp://tracker.openbittorrent.com:80/announce
udp://fr33dom.h33tunblocked.co:3310/announce
http://fr33dom.h33tunblocked.co:3310/announce
http://www.h33tunblocked.co:3310/announce

also because h33t is blocked in the UK you might need the unblocked proxy tracker adding as well.

search for a full list of unblocked trackers /proxies, there are new ones daily.
Paul Irvine
Cool Member
Cool Member

Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:37 am

@.mad, I see what you are saying but its the first time I've ever come across this with a torrent in all my years, very frustrating as its a GB I wanted to update.

For once I think I'll give up, the idea of doing all this for the other updates just puts me off.

Cheers for the info.......My your whippet have puppies :)

@Seiya, please do not think I have ever blamed you, your time and effort has been very much appreciated, its just as said above such a strange issue that I've never had torrent wise before.

Thanks..
-------
Seiya
Commended Member
Commended Member

Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:45 am

don't worry :)
it's my same problem. i didn't want to make a gamebase because i don't have enough upload bandwitch...
Seiya
Commended Member
Commended Member

Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:03 pm

i add, as experiment, Myst for Win3 on gamebase and it works greatly.
When you click on Myst, you'll play with Myst.
Resolution is 1024x768, but games is in 640x480

This game could be interesting for a new gamebase in the future or add some win3 games on this ms-dos goldies..
OX
Ice Cool Member
Ice Cool Member

Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:38 pm

Seiya wrote:i add, as experiment, Myst for Win3 on gamebase and it works greatly.
When you click on Myst, you'll play with Myst.
Resolution is 1024x768, but games is in 640x480

This game could be interesting for a new gamebase in the future or add some win3 games on this ms-dos goldies..
Good idea to include Windows 3.1 games (rename to MSDOS & Win 3.1 Goldies?), and keeps it different from the DOSbase project, I'd like to see this.
Seiya
Commended Member
Commended Member

Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:58 pm

i don't know.
italian version of myst (my copy) work very well with all animation, but english version not.
Is a different iso so many animation don't work.
So i decide to leave Myst ita and add Real Myst for others :)

i don't have much win3 software, many demos only..

however, i can't rename it.
i'll see in the future with my software for old win3 if i can make something..
OX
Ice Cool Member
Ice Cool Member

Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:58 pm

I see you have both Dungeon Master I & II in there but not Chaos Strikes Back, here is link to include it - http://www.old-games.com/getfree/6186
Seiya
Commended Member
Commended Member

Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:48 am

ok, i add and now i prepare the torrent for this final update.

however if i found other games or resolve some not working games i add an other update :)
Seiya
Commended Member
Commended Member

Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:56 am

http://forum.tntvillage.scambioetico.or ... pic=349999

11 GB this time :)

i have fix many games, delete some games and replace with cd rom version and add many 0 bytes games to replace games to delete.
i add manual and walktrough..not much, but something there is.

unfortunately this morning i found in Extra some solution, that i think not added to mdb.
i think that i upload in the future a new update .mbd

Return to “Other GameBase Projects”