Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

Beware of Spanish Gamebase thieves

Discuss any other databases that use the GameBase Frontend, whether in pre development, development or publically released.

Moderator: Jimbo

Paul Irvine
Cool Member
Cool Member

Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:39 pm

Yup, perfectly true re the copyright, making cash of copy right is a very dodgy ground, many of the game copyrights have been purchased by collectors out there and are very determined when it comes to this sort of stuff and of course many companies still own the rights to the old stuff, take Space Harrier, still a viable license.

As I can't read the 'advert' I don't know if its trading it as your own product, if it is that will offend.
-------
Loved ones are never gone as long as you remember them....
.mad.
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:58 pm

ViejaEra wrote:Thanks for understanding that I'm not making money with this, that was my main concern when I saw the posts because I really like the gamebases. At first as I said I did those just for me and a few of friends. I'm just offering it locally and only few people bought it but I'm happy about it because thanks to it, I know and had nice chats with people that really like 80's computer.
Nice to see you on the forum.
That speaks volumes to your character.

Thanks for clearing up the price issue.
If you still sell Gamebases, i would only ask you keep them as original as possible.

I only hope this is not just a passing visit, and you become a regular member.
You never know, you might get the urge to make a gamebase or two. :wink:
ViejaEra

Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:31 pm

I tweaked all the gamebases, removed a lot of clone games that I found in console gamebases and the japanese ones that are unplayable, except if you know japanese :)
But, for example I added all the screenshots to the Amiga 1.6 gamebase, but at the same time I removed some games, for example, the monkey island versions, I just left the spanish version, and so with others, if you want I can upload the screenshots and the gamebase file and maybe can get some update the Amiga one.
dax
Ice Cool Member
Ice Cool Member

Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:21 am

ViejaEra wrote:I tweaked all the gamebases, removed a lot of clone games that I found in console gamebases and the japanese ones that are unplayable, except if you know japanese :)
But, for example I added all the screenshots to the Amiga 1.6 gamebase, but at the same time I removed some games, for example, the monkey island versions, I just left the spanish version, and so with others, if you want I can upload the screenshots and the gamebase file and maybe can get some update the Amiga one.
I think small contribution would be good, like uploading mentioned screenshots for GB Amiga 1.6 - for example. I'm interresting to check Your work, means difference comparing to original Gamebases. Post more info/screenshots/upload it.
I love Gamebase's creators and compilations
Vicman
Cool Member
Cool Member

Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:42 pm

Hi ViejaEra,

thank you for clearing up some "hot" points in this topic.
Now, i understand your behavior. - Why you offer the DVD's.

So, i beg your Pardon to call you a "bad guy" 8)

But, why didn't you ask here on the Forum, before making those DVD's ?
Primarily asking Jimbo ?

If you really make no money with your DVD's (and i think you don't make money, otherwise you would not write here) , i have no problem with it. :wink:

just two questions :
is it recognizable on the DVD's who made the Gamebases ?
Or did you delete the "Credits" ?

second:
is it possible to get "DVD Images/ISO's" from (y)our "project" :D
can you upload it somewhere ?
GB done: Philips VG 5000, Sord-M5, Acorn Atom, Enterprise v1.00
OX
Ice Cool Member
Ice Cool Member

Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:38 pm

ViejaEra wrote:I tweaked all the gamebases, removed a lot of clone games that I found in console gamebases and the japanese ones that are unplayable, except if you know japanese :)
Well that would be handy as I'm currently updating Gamebase Amiga with the missing titles.
ViejaEra

Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:49 pm

I uploaded the amiga database & screenshots (can't post URLs)

mediafire - ?vzzf0enwri4c8cf

Please, remember that I deleted some games and entries that hasn't a game file, hope it helps, I was thinking in take a deep look to this gamebase sometime. I like the idea of when you run a game with several disks, all of them appears in Winuae in the disk swapper option menu, are you going to do that with your update or there is a better way when the game asks for another disk?

-----

Vicman: It's ok about all the things in the firsts posts, I understand that someone could be upset in someway about this, but these are just compilations that I did for myself at home, I'm sure that more people around the world did the same, but we just don't have the acknowledge about it. Uploading the ISOs for me will be a really pain, but I could give to all of you the formula :)
Just used Neobook to do an autorun file, later Create Install to do an installer, and just have the gamebase already working with relatives paths (.\........), the credits remains there. Knowing a bit the people behaviour, will happens something like this, if they really care/like it, will go to google looking for more Gamebases or whatever similar and they will get here as I and more people. When you run it, you are going to get always the gamebase soft open, so there is no much mystery, it depends of the curiosity of the guy who use it. And I like to read and read and read and trial and error until I get all things working, I'm a bit lazy to write in the forums I must admit, that's why I didn't post before, but will try to improve that :)
Vicman
Cool Member
Cool Member

Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:01 pm

ok, thanks for your declaration.
Have a nice time here in the Forum.

And feel free to re-up your GB-videos on YouTube...i will not comment it again... :oops: :wink:
GB done: Philips VG 5000, Sord-M5, Acorn Atom, Enterprise v1.00
millansoft
Keen Member
Keen Member

Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:11 pm

At least all was cleared then
ViejaEra

Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:26 am

About the videos, I did a pair of them because a friend suggested me that, but it took me a lot of time and didn´t like too much the idea later and forgot about it. I got an email about your comments from youtube, and then I deleted them and later and I came back here and found this topic, that´s all about that.

Return to “Other GameBase Projects”