Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

Windows 3.1 Games Gamebase possible?

Discuss any other databases that use the GameBase Frontend, whether in pre development, development or publically released.

Moderator: Jimbo

Underfly
Keen Member
Keen Member

Windows 3.1 Games Gamebase possible?

Tue May 29, 2012 10:18 pm

Has anyone attempted this yet?

Maybe with DOSBox as it proven to run Windows 3.1 on a mounted folder.

So obviously theres going to be some very advanced scripts involved, so the selected game will run by just a mouse click from GB.
pondo198
Keen Member
Keen Member

Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:28 am

Underfly,

I've toyed with the idea, but I'm really busy with my DOS gamebase right now. I have a 2 or 3 game Win3.1 gamebase that I started (just to see if it was feasible), but it's by no means anything worth uploading as it was completely experimental. I would guess that a Win3.x gamebase would be pretty large as well, and the first place to start would be to compile a list of Win 3.x only games.

There are lots of lists available for DOS, but I haven't really done any searching for a Win3.x games list. Maybe someone could list a link to one.
Underfly
Keen Member
Keen Member

Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:31 pm

I haven't found a decent site focusing on win3.x games, so far probably the best i've found is

http://www.download-central.ws/Win16/Games/

I remember those budget CDs I once own with over 200 Win Games, I guess the first thing would be getting all those classic freewares and those sharewares together by googling.

Return to “Other GameBase Projects”