Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

Gamebase Mame

Discuss any other databases that use the GameBase Frontend, whether in pre development, development or publically released.

Moderator: Jimbo

JonathonSaunders
Keen Member
Keen Member

Gamebase Mame

Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:23 pm

Just Wondering Has Anyone Ever Made a Gamebase For Mame, Strange That For Such a Well Known System That Nobody Has Ever Hardly Mentioned Mame on Here.

I Know The Roms are 26gb In Size But Surely It Would Be Possible To Do a Gamebase Frontend For It.

J.S.
Paul Irvine
Cool Member
Cool Member

Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:10 pm

I suspect that because there's Mame32UI (&64) people have just not bothered. Yes it would be simple enough to use gamebase to do it as the emulators all support command line so it's just down to the rather hefty task of providing all the extra's.

Its a big job!

And on that note "I'm out" :)
-------
Loved ones are never gone as long as you remember them....
hardmanm
Cool Member
Cool Member

Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:55 am

The trouble with MAME is that the roms are altered on a regular basis, each new full version is released every month or two and usually have between 500mb-1.5GB of updated stuff.

To be honest MAMEUI is good enough anyway, there are many other systems that are in need of a gamebase.
Gamebase Developer
Paul Irvine
Cool Member
Cool Member

Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:51 am

Yes, just this last release had 1111 updates...

Sod keeping track of that :)
-------
Loved ones are never gone as long as you remember them....

Return to “Other GameBase Projects”