Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

Gamebase PSX

Discuss any other databases that use the GameBase Frontend, whether in pre development, development or publically released.

Moderator: Jimbo

Hooded_Claw

Gamebase PSX

Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:58 pm

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone ever thought about creating a PSX gamebase, or a Dreamcast gamebase? Considering the popularity of the PSX I'm surprised this machine hasn't appeared amongst the available Gamebase projects. Up until now the databases available don't seem to go beyond the N64 in terms of nexgen machines. The N64 one is great!
user42
Keen Member
Keen Member

Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:06 am

I think the main issue is hard drive space.
Are there any emulators for CD based systems that can run a zipped/rar'ed image. I don't think so. So you would have to have all the CD images unzipped (and for some emulators.... mounted, which is a whole other problem) on your HD. So for a complete PSX GB you would need terabytes of space. :?
whoschad

Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:12 am

I made a really simple PSX gamebase for my actual PSX games. I have it set up so that it asks for the CD if you click on a game (or will just play it if it's already in there). It works well, but with the obvious hindrance of needing actual CDs.

It's better than nothing though.
hardmanm
Cool Member
Cool Member

Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:00 pm

any chance of a public release?
Gamebase Developer
ArtMac

Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:07 pm

I´m with a GameBase for PSX,,, It´s run good with epsex with the games in bin and cue, also zip but then it´s very slow....
When epsxe start a don´t know how to acces to the options of the emulator..... I think it may be a Gemus Script for it...Please if it´s posible help me.

I have near 2Tr of games, and the gameBase it´s posible with a HardDisc of 2TR.
Paul Irvine
Cool Member
Cool Member

Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:35 am

If you use pSX 1.13 (still awaiting 1.14 with PS2 support) it allows to both compress images and use the same images made in the emulator with very very little loss of speed if any.

The emulation quality is excellent for the most part with the odd title like Pandemonium that runs better on EPSXE (ie no figure ghosting) but it's a cracking emulator and you can reinflate the images back to real disks again.

As for a PSX GB, hmmm.....I'm not downloading that!! :)
-------
Loved ones are never gone as long as you remember them....
Flarp
Keen Member
Keen Member

Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:51 am

I have my own PSX gamebase using PSX 1.3 emulator using the compressed images and I only did the RPG games cuz those are my favorites and I don't have any screenshots or boxart or extras yet. So it's basically just a list with working game images but even so it's still 72 GB in size and the Sega CD and TG CD gamebases are too huge as well..

I could never get mednafen setup or working for me at all and Magic Engine won't start my TG CD images automatically and power iso won't mount some of the files that are in .nrg format..

I know a little side note.. my NDS gamebase is pretty complete, though keeping it up and current is time consuming my GBA gamebase is good. My Gamebase folder with all my projects and those of others is currently 845 GB.. so sharing the empire with people is kind of difficult.
.mad.
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:20 am

Flarp wrote: my NDS gamebase is pretty complete, though keeping it up and current is time consuming my GBA gamebase is good. My Gamebase folder with all my projects and those of others is currently 845 GB.. so sharing the empire with people is kind of difficult.
i know what you mean about sharing large gamebases,
when you don't have the broadband speed. :roll:

how about releasing just the core gamebase with screenshots.
and let everyone download there own roms from various sources.
just so we can have a look. :wink:
Flarp
Keen Member
Keen Member

Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:24 pm

That's not a bad idea.. though some gamebases, the extras and screen shots and stuff take up much more room than the actual games like my NES Gamebase. I'm in the process of merging it with some stuff from 420's NES Gamebase as well to make the most kick butt NES Gamebase ever.. it's pretty much done I just haven't had time to add the finishing little touches. Also unfortunately I'm currently unemployed and times are tough so right now I'm focusing all my efforts on my enw job search and don't have the time to devote to gamebase like I would like to. But that's a good idea for the future and I will have to do that when can.. hopefully soon. Maybe the Genesis or SNES gamebases would be good to do that to start with.
hardmanm
Cool Member
Cool Member

Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:33 am

Just found a PSX gamebase on www.underground-gamer.com its about 500MB :D
Gamebase Developer
hardmanm
Cool Member
Cool Member

Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:05 am

Gamebase Developer
Vicman