Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

Gamebase Apple2

Discuss any other databases that use the GameBase Frontend, whether in pre development, development or publically released.

Moderator: Jimbo

hardmanm
Cool Member
Cool Member

Gamebase Apple2

Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:04 pm

Has anybody done a Gamebase for the Apple 2 computer?
Gamebase Developer
hardmanm
Cool Member
Cool Member

Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:14 pm

I have decided to do a Gamebase for the Apple2 computer. I really could do with finding some screenshots of games. Does anyone have, or know of a website containing screenshots and game info for the Apple 2.
Gamebase Developer
.mad.
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

apple ][

Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:16 pm

Apple][ Games
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2LOXQHYB

Games with company info, some have a screen shot
http://www.retrocpu.com/apple-ii/games/

Online emulator with download links to games
http://www.virtualapple.org/

Info and lots of Screen Shots via the thumbnails
http://www.mobygames.com/browse/games/a ... ist-games/
Starscream

Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:16 pm

I just sent you a pm (twice in fact, you can discard the first)

Edit: I don't get the spam filter.
riboflavin

Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:03 am

I might be the closest person I know to a prototype (embrionic?) Gamebase Apple II set, although I made the set aimed at using MESS and ApplePC.

I have a lot of screenshots too, mostly made myself. Plus a ton of custom dsks that boot directly to a pirated game file.

Took a long time. Most Apple stuff is available in pirate compilations only, so I went and hand-coded a hundred or so dsks to boot directly to the game. Early 80's games especially were so pirated, that original disks have simply never been seen, let alone dumped.

So yeah, I was wondering if anyone was going to make a gamebase Apple 2 thing, I could save them a lot of work. :roll:

I'm kinda in the middle of this project (making every apple II game available in my own menu system), but I got plenty of work into it that is usable already. Interested?
Time?
hardmanm
Cool Member
Cool Member

Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:27 am

I would really be interested in the stuff you have been working on if you would like to upload it on here using rapidshare or something similar. I havnt done a lot of this gamebase yet due to finishing off another gamebase project. The apple one is my next one i intend to do.
Gamebase Developer
riboflavin

Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:33 am

I could upload it somewhere I suppose. The major thing right now is that I need to reinstall my dev station... lol. Everything is on computers about three feet behind me that aren't hooked up to anything. I just moved everything out of the spare bedroom this last weekend (to make a pinball party room, incidentally 8) ), which included all the computers I was using to make this retro game system.

So I've got to get these computers back in place... it's just a matter of finding a place in the house for them over the next week or two.

So yeah, I've got hundreds of customized dsk images and a lot of screenshots made with a combo of ApplePC and a old dos app called Grabber. The reason is I had a Apple IIc (and then a IIgs) back in my youth and spent a great deal of time collecting and playing games and remember it all vividly. ApplePC is still the most authentic-looking emulator for this system. Real Apples had a very funky way of displaying colors, and ApplePC emulates this effect perfectly.

So all the screenshots I made are in ApplePC (running in pure DOS with a screenshot program in memory... no easy feat).

I'll post these when I get my dev computers hooked up again. PM me and I can email them to you in a few days. The whole set of stuff has to be less than 10 megs zipped.

I could actually use some help on completeing the collection for Gamebase... the next phase is doing all the 2-disk (and more) games. All the work I've done has involved games that only take a single side of a disk (I think I've done about 90% of what's available as far as that goes). As you can imagine, there is a great deal of the library that is multiple disks... and those tend to be advanced games too! Maybe we could figure out how to standardize, name, and take screenshots of these.
Time?
hardmanm
Cool Member
Cool Member

Fri May 08, 2009 11:01 am

I have been busy the last week working on Apple2Mania and will hopfully upload the first release soon. At present it contains 1000 games, most have a screenshot, and some have extras.
Gamebase Developer
hardmanm
Cool Member
Cool Member

Apple2Mania

Thu May 14, 2009 1:56 pm

Here is the first release of Apple2Mania:--

http://www.zshare.net/download/60008403480b3fdd/

PLease download and enjoy, any bugs or issues feel free to post them here.
Gamebase Developer
user42
Keen Member
Keen Member

Fri May 15, 2009 2:18 am

Cool. 8)
I'll wait for the torrent to grab it there, zshare and I don't seem to get along well.
Starscream

Fri May 15, 2009 4:11 pm

Many thanks!. The only minor mistake I spotted when I quickly looked over it is the category of the Wizardrys, those should probably all be classified as "RPG 3D".
user42
Keen Member
Keen Member

Sat May 16, 2009 1:39 am

Just got it installed. It is looking great. But I am shocked to see that you are missing the game "Oregon Trail"... :shock:
http://classicgaming.gamespy.com/View.p ... ail&id=266

In fact there are a small handfull of educational titles here that you are missing. http://www.underground-gamer.com/details.php?id=16244

Thanks again for all the hard work. :D
user42
Keen Member
Keen Member

Sat May 16, 2009 4:14 pm

Can someone tell me what to do when a game wants me to insert "side B"? :?
hardmanm
Cool Member
Cool Member

Sat May 16, 2009 5:46 pm

Click the disk icon on the left hand side of the emulator and a list of files associated with the game will appear, select the next disk and it should now work ok.

I am just finishing off a Apple2GS gamebase, and will upload it soon, the games on that system look really good.
Gamebase Developer
user42
Keen Member
Keen Member

Sat May 16, 2009 8:03 pm

hardmanm wrote:Click the disk icon on the left hand side of the emulator and a list of files associated with the game will appear, select the next disk and it should now work ok.
That opens a "select disk image" window pointed at "My Documents"....

Return to “Other GameBase Projects”