Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

gamebase amstrad cpc

Discuss any other databases that use the GameBase Frontend, whether in pre development, development or publically released.

Moderator: Jimbo

srnickolas

Mon May 24, 2010 2:43 pm

Hello!Thanks for the update!Anyway i extracted the update in my v14 collection and when veryfing the files, the program states i am missing some staff:

F:\emulators corner\Tools\GameBase\Amstrad CPC\Amstrad CPC.mdb

Games not found: 36/1500
F:\emulators corner\Tools\GameBase\Amstrad CPC\Games\

B\Back to the Golden Age (F) - Disk 1A.dsk 1113 Back to the Golden Age (F)
B\Balloonacy (E).cdt 1328 Balloonacy (E)
B\Bumpy's Arcade Fantasy (E).dsk 924 Bumpy's Arcade Fantasy (E)
D\Declic Lecture (F).dsk 1119 Declic Lecture (F)
D\Discology 5.1 (F).dsk 797 Discology 5.1 (F)
F\Fifth Quadrant, The.dsk 354 Fifth Quadrant (E), The
F\Forbidden Planet.dsk 183 Forbidden Planet (E)
F\Forestland (E).dsk 1157 Forestland (E)
F\Francais - CE2 (F) - Disk 1A.dsk 1116 Francais - CE2 (F)
F\Fury (E), The.dsk 826 Fury (E), The
G\Geographie en Primaire (F) - Disk 1A.dsk 887 Geographie en Primaire (F)
H\Help Inc. (E).cdt 1333 Help Inc. (E)
I\Iron Sphere (E).cdt 1332 Iron Sphere (E)
L\Lecture - CP (F).dsk 1117 Lecture - CP (F)
L\Liverpool (E).dsk 865 Liverpool (E)
M\Maths - CE1 (F) - Disk 1A.dsk 1114 Maths - CE1 (F)
M\Maths - CE2 (F) - Disk 1A.dsk 1118 Maths - CE2 (F)
M\Maths 6eme 5eme (F) - Disk 1A.dsk 890 Maths 6eme 5eme (F)
M\Momy (F).dsk 736 Momy (F)
N\Nathan Ecoles Maths CE1 (F) - Disk 1A.dsk 855 Nathan Ecoles Maths CE1 (F)
O\Objectif Europe (F).dsk 1161 Objectif Europe (F)
P\Profession Detective (F) - Disk 1A.dsk 1045 Profession Detective (F)
P\Pyramides d' Atlantis, Les.dsk 318 Pyramides d' Atlantys (F), Les
Q\Question of Sport (E), A.dsk 883 Question of Sport (E), A
S\Sciences Primaires (F) - Disk 1A.dsk 1115 Sciences Primaires (F)
S\Smirking Horror (E), The.cdt 1335 Smirking Horror (E), The
S\Spitting Image (E).dsk 844 Spitting Image (E)
S\Sudoku (E).cdt 1334 Sudoku (E)
S\Super Space Invaders.dsk 296 Super Space Invaders (E)
T\Thanatos (E).dsk 951 Thanatos (E)
T\Through the Trap Door (E).dsk 809 Through the Trap Door (E)
T\Transformateur 3000 (F).dsk 1145 Transformateur 3000 (F)
T\Trivial Pursuit - Baby Boomer Edition (E) - Disk 1A.dsk 729 Trivial Pursuit - Baby Boomer Edition (E)
W\Witch Hunt (E).dsk 1156 Witch Hunt (E)
Y\Yarkon Blues (E).cdt 1331 Yarkon Blues (E)
Y\Yarkon Blues II (E) - Side A.cdt 1336 Yarkon Blues II (E)

Tunes not found: 0/897

Pictures not found: 0/1492

Extras not found: 5/5892
F:\emulators corner\Tools\GameBase\Amstrad CPC\Extras\

4255 Audio Logs (F) Music\O\Orion Prime (F) - Audio Logs.mp3 1021 Orion Prime (F)
4254 Audio Logs Disk (F) Misc\O\Orion Prime (F) - Audio Logs Disk.pdf 1021 Orion Prime (F)
4252 Newspaper (F) Manuals\O\Orion Prime (F) - Newspaper.pdf 1021 Orion Prime (F)
4709 Presentation Letter (F) Misc\O\Orion Prime (F) - Presentation Letter.pdf 1021 Orion Prime (F)
4253 Microfilm (F) Misc\O\Orion Prime (F) - Microfilm.pdf 1021 Orion Prime (F)

Is this cool or something is wrong?
ldaneels
Keen Member
Keen Member

Mon May 24, 2010 8:39 pm

Hi there,
This is normal as the games missing are the ones that I couldn't dump (I think out of these two have been finally successfully dumped) & the missing extras are from the boxed version of Orion Prime & the author does not want these extras to be published.
Cheers,

Loïc
srnickolas

Tue May 25, 2010 9:07 am

Cool man thx for the info and for the cool gamebase, i had a 6128 with green display monitor and this brings back a lot of memories(first time after a lot of years i read again the comix inside the box of rick dangerous 2 :) ).
ldaneels
Keen Member
Keen Member

Tue May 25, 2010 4:16 pm

No problem, glad you like it. Hopefully you will discover new games :)
As a side note, the full V15 release is now available for download.
William Moore

Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:21 am

I know this may be slightly off topic, but I am stuck?
I have a fully working GameBase ST (Atari), and I want to have a fully working GameBase CPC (I love the Amstrad).
I think I see how you can use the one GameBase to run multiple emulators, and I have downloaded the complete 34 zips from the French GameBase site (over 8 gig).
However the zip that contains the installation documents, does not give clear enough instructions for a novice like me?

If I run the GBV12 setup program, it wants to install into my existing GameBase folder..........Is this OK? Or will that harm my GameBase ST setup?

What do I do with the remaining 33 zips?

Sorry for being a pain, but when you don't know, you have to ask?
ldaneels
Keen Member
Keen Member

Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:58 am

Hi there,
did you download http://www.cpc-power.com/gamebasecpc/pa ... allers.rar
This file includes the install files & an English readme that gives a step by step installation process (I posted it below just in case). If you have GBST already up and running, you only need to start from step 3 (where you unpack the gbv13b20100209 file in your gamebase directory).
Installing Gamebase CPC will not harm your GBST install, although it will add many new fields that have not been filled (GBST runs on the old Gamebase install). You will get new functions in GBST like showing multiples columns, a quickbar,... I personally have GBCPC, GBST, GBAmiga & a few others installed on my hard drive & they all run just fine.
I hope this helps,

Loïc

- Double-click on GBV12_SETUP_FULL.EXE.
- follow the on-screen instructions & complete the installation in the Gamebase you chose previously.
- unrar gbv13b20100209.zip in the gamebase directory.
- Go to the directory you installed gamebase in.
- Double-click on GBToolbox.EXE
- click on File > New Gamebase
- Name the Gamebase "Amstrad CPC" (do not change this name unless you want to rename a lot of files)
- unrar GBCPC V13 Full.RAR in the Gamebase directory.
- Go to your Gamebase directory
- Double-click on gamebase.exe
- select Amstrad CPC
- Click on Tools > Paths
- Enter the paths for the Games, Music, Pictures, Extras & Photos (they should already be named similarly in the Amstrad CPC folder)
- To add the YM Music Player, click on Tools > Options > Music Players. Then locate the Player Path / Name window & click on Browse. The file is located in Amstrad CPC / Music / Player / YMP95.EXE.
- Click on Tools > Verify Available Files
K.C.
Cool Member
Cool Member

Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:00 am

In addition to ldaneels' instructions:

If you open a collection that was designed for Gamebase V1.2 (like your ST collection), the database is converted to V1.3 the first time you open it with the new Gamebase. There is no way to convert it back to V1.2. So before you install and start Gamebase V1.3, do one of the following:
  • Make a copy of the .MDB file located in you Atari ST folder. If something goes wrong with the conversion (never happened to me) or you want to revert to Gamebase 1.2 for whatever reason, you can just copy the .MDB file back after reinstallation of GB 1.2
  • Extract gbv13b20100209.zip to a seperate folder. After doing this, you have 2 Gamebase program folders, the folder containing the GB 1.2 files can be used for your ST collection, the new folder with the GB 1.3 is for starting the CPC collection.
    This way you can use the CPC database without modifying the ST database.
William Moore

Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:55 pm

I have installed the GameBase for the CPC, created an "Amstrad CPC" folder using the Toolbox.
I now have 33 zips of 245 meg each, and I have no idea what to do with them?
The GameBase ST was very easy to set up, because it was only 4 or 5 parts.
The CPC one is 33 parts?
A step by step on how to install these would be appreciated very much! :?
ldaneels
Keen Member
Keen Member

Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:20 pm

Hi there,
there are 33 parts because it is a split archive. The site owner does not want files that are too big, so I had to split them. The reason it is so big is because every single entry includes scans of the box, manual, media, extras, music (if available), pictures,... In short, if it's in the database, it is complete with all relevant media. The focus is more on quality than quantity.
In essence, just unpack the split archive (winrar thakes care of that for you) into your Gamebase folder & follow the instructions given in README_EN.TXT (I have pasted them below in case you can't open the file...)
As for an easy installation, I am always interested if someone wants to program an auto-installer. I can't imagine it would be too hard to make, but I really don't know the first thing about programming.

- Double-click on GBV12_SETUP_FULL.EXE.
- follow the on-screen instructions & complete the installation in the Gamebase you chose previously.
- unrar gbv13b20100209.zip in the gamebase directory.
- Go to the directory you installed gamebase in.
- Double-click on GBToolbox.EXE
- click on File > New Gamebase
- Name the Gamebase "Amstrad CPC" (do not change this name unless you want to rename a lot of files)
- unrar GBCPC V15 Full.RAR in the Gamebase directory.
- Go to your Gamebase directory
- Double-click on gamebase.exe
- select Amstrad CPC
- Click on Tools > Paths
- Enter the paths for the Games, Music, Pictures, Extras & Photos (they should already be named similarly in the Amstrad CPC folder)
- To add the YM Music Player, click on Tools > Options > Music Players. Then locate the Player Path / Name window & click on Browse. The file is located in Amstrad CPC / Music / Player / YMP95.EXE.
- Click on Tools > Verify Available Files
William Moore

Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:13 pm

Sorry to be so thick, but can you please explain why every zip seems to contain the same files? I have unpacked up to part 12, and they all look identical? :?
And I can't find a single disk image, the folder named "Disks" in the "Extras" folder, is full of PDF files?

*** OK! I worked it out with your help! I now have the CPC GameBase working great.....Thanks very much, it brings back many good memories!
ldaneels
Keen Member
Keen Member

Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:33 pm

No problem, glad you got it running.
Enjoy !
William Moore

Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:42 am

One more small problem, how do I stop the music playing when I select "Play Music" from the bottom right hand menu?
I can't find a way to do this other than to move to another game selection.
ldaneels
Keen Member
Keen Member

Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:51 am

Hi there,
You need to close the YMP player that opens when you play the music.
Cheers,

Loïc
William Moore

Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:26 pm

Yes! I found it hidden behind my GameBase....Teach me to look more carefully in future! :oops:
ldaneels
Keen Member
Keen Member

Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:28 pm

Well, I am sorry to post such bad news, but I have decided to stop making GBCPC public. The reasons are many, but mostly it is due to the insistence of some individuals to smear my name & the lack of support to the project (apologies to the few who actively participated in my project).
I am disgusted with the CPC community : collectors hoarding software and refusing to have the games preserved (your originals will fail eventually, that is a fact), Ebay, leboncoin,... scumbags looking for the best possible deals even if it means scamming the seller, liars spreading rumors,...
For me, it is over, I do not want to have anything to do with such a rotten community. I can only imagine some people with be overjoyed with the prospect of my giving up. It is a shame honest people trying to further the CPC community are attacked so. I only hope this same community will eventually turn against these very people.

Loïc

Return to “Other GameBase Projects”