Welcome to the Gamebase 64 forums.                 An attempt to document ALL Commodore 64 gameware before it's too late!

gamebase amstrad cpc

Discuss any other databases that use the GameBase Frontend, whether in pre development, development or publically released.

Moderator: Jimbo

ldaneels
Keen Member
Keen Member

Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:53 am

Hi there,
I looked in the CPCE archive & the files are included in the archive. I seriously doubt César would include a trojan with its emulator. I can only imagine these files are some sort of hacking magic. But anyway, the emulator works fine without it...
Thanks for the info on Winape, I will change that in GBCPC.
Cheers,

Loïc

PS: progress is going a lot faster than expected & I should have V11 ready in a week or two !
ldaneels
Keen Member
Keen Member

Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:19 am

I am finally posting the update & full version on the site (http://www.cpc-power.com/gamebasecpc/). I will let you all know when I am done uploading the files.
ldaneels
Keen Member
Keen Member

Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:16 pm

Well, it is finally online. I have uploaded the V11 update to http://www.cpc-power.com/gamebasecpc/
I am in the process of uploading the full release, but it should still take a while.
ldaneels
Keen Member
Keen Member

Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:30 pm

Allright, the full version is now online (http://www.cpc-power.com/gamebasecpc/)
Enjoy
Vicman
Cool Member
Cool Member

Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:01 am

Thanks Idaneels :wink:
GB done: Philips VG 5000, Sord-M5, Acorn Atom, Enterprise v1.00
ldaneels
Keen Member
Keen Member

Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:01 pm

Things are going smoothly & I have already included another 50 games to GBCPC. I will hopefully have V12 out by Christmas.
ldaneels
Keen Member
Keen Member

Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:18 pm

V12 will be a Christmas release... At least if you get a pair of socks for Christmas, you will have something to look forward to :)
ldaneels
Keen Member
Keen Member

Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:46 am

Merry Christmas ! A little ahead of time, V12 is now online (http://www.cpc-power.com/gamebasecpc/). As of now only the update is available, but the full version is uploading.
.mad.
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:29 pm

thanks Loïc,

it's a good job i am getting a new 1TB HD from Santa. :D
your Gamebase is HUGE!
oknihcap
Keen Member
Keen Member

Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:40 pm

I just installed the full version 12, and here's what I'm getting when I verify:

Games not found: 32/1200

A\Alphakhor (F) - Disk 1A.dsk 1144 Alphakhor (F)
B\Back to the Golden Age (F) - Disk 1A.dsk 1113 Back to the Golden Age (F)
B\Bumpy's Arcade Fantasy (E).dsk 924 Bumpy's Arcade Fantasy (E)
C\Chain Reaction (E).dsk 646 Chain Reaction (E)
D\Declic Lecture (F).dsk 1119 Declic Lecture (F)
D\Discology 5.1 (F).dsk 797 Discology 5.1 (F)
E\E.X.I.T (F) - Disk 1A.dsk 53 E.X.I.T. (F)
F\Fifth Quadrant, The.dsk 354 Fifth Quadrant (E), The
F\Forbidden Planet.dsk 183 Forbidden Planet (E)
F\Forestland (E).dsk 1157 Forestland (E)
F\Francais - CE2 (F) - Disk 1A.dsk 1116 Francais - CE2 (F)
G\Geographie en Primaire (F) - Disk 1A.dsk 887 Geographie en Primaire (F)
L\Labyrinthe aux Mille Calculs (F), Le - Disk 1A.dsk 1107 Labyrinthe aux Mille Calculs (F), Le
L\Lecture - CP (F).dsk 1117 Lecture - CP (F)
L\Liverpool (E).dsk 865 Liverpool (E)
M\Maths - CE1 (F) - Disk 1A.dsk 1114 Maths - CE1 (F)
M\Maths - CE2 (F) - Disk 1A.dsk 1118 Maths - CE2 (F)
M\Maths 6eme 5eme (F) - Disk 1A.dsk 890 Maths 6eme 5eme (F)
N\Nathan Ecoles Maths CE1 (F) - Disk 1A.dsk 855 Nathan Ecoles Maths CE1 (F)
O\Objectif Europe (F).dsk 1161 Objectif Europe (F)
P\Pouvoir (F).dsk 1008 Pouvoir (F)
P\Profession Detective (F) - Disk 1A.dsk 1045 Profession Detective (F)
P\Pyramides d' Atlantis, Les.dsk 318 Pyramides d' Atlantis (F), Les
Q\Question of Sport (E), A.dsk 883 Question of Sport (E), A
S\Sciences Primaires (F) - Disk 1A.dsk 1115 Sciences Primaires (F)
S\Skyfox (E).dsk 1064 Skyfox (E)
S\Spitting Image (E).dsk 844 Spitting Image (E)
S\Super Space Invaders.dsk 296 Super Space Invaders (E)
T\Thanatos (E).dsk 951 Thanatos (E)
T\Through the Trap Door (E).dsk 809 Through the Trap Door (E)
T\Transformateur 3000 (F).dsk 1145 Transformateur 3000 (F)
T\Trivial Pursuit - Baby Boomer Edition (E) - Disk 1A.dsk 729 Trivial Pursuit - Baby Boomer Edition (E)

Tunes not found: 0/716

Pictures not found: 0/1199

Extras not found: 5/4634

4709 Presentation Letter (F) Misc\O\Orion Prime (F) - Presentation Letter.pdf 1021 Orion Prime (F)
4254 Audio Logs Disk (F) Misc\O\Orion Prime (F) - Audio Logs Disk.pdf 1021 Orion Prime (F)
4255 Audio Logs (F) Music\O\Orion Prime (F) - Audio Logs.mp3 1021 Orion Prime (F)
4253 Microfilm (F) Misc\O\Orion Prime (F) - Microfilm.pdf 1021 Orion Prime (F)
4252 Newspaper (F) Manuals\O\Orion Prime (F) - Newspaper.pdf 1021 Orion Prime (F)

Is that what I should be getting?
oknihcap
Keen Member
Keen Member

Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:59 pm

Also, when I try to run CPCE, it comes up, and the message that appears on the blue screen after the startup message is:

Bad command
Ready

When I select any games to run, it also brings up that message. Sometimes, it says:

Syntax error
Ready

Is there something I need to configure in CPCE before running it?

I still can't seem to get Caprice to run, either. It crashes immediately when I try to run it - I get the Windows xp "encountered a problem and needs to close" message.

I seem to have the hardest time trying to get these emulators running. Winape seems to be running, but if I put Winape to the top of Gemus, and select a game, then it opens Winape, but then the game doesn't run - all I get is the standard basic startup screen, followed by "Ready".

Should these emulators be running as is, or will I need to point them to roms and such? I check the cap32.cfg file under Caprice, and there were some paths that pointed to the wrong places, and I changed them, but I can't seem to figure out how to configure these emulators. When I click on these emulators, there seems to be no way to click on settings or configurations or anything.
oknihcap
Keen Member
Keen Member

Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:56 pm

Okay, update:
I've finally found some success. I have finally gotten things running. I found, in the help file for Winape, the commands necessary to run the games. Basically, once the screen comes up, I type:

cat <enter>

then some info lists out. From there I just type:

run "filename" <enter>

where "filename" is whatever is listed when I type the cat command. So far everything has run fine doing that. Winape even sees my connected Logitech controller automatically, so I can play using the controller! Sweet!

I have gotten things running in Caprice, WINCPC and CPCE as well, also using this method. Phew - I guess things are okay. I wasn't aware that I had to manually enter the run command.
ldaneels
Keen Member
Keen Member

Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:30 pm

Hi there, sorry it took me so long to reply. Been enjoying some time off :)

- For the games missing, they are the ones I could not dump successfully or could not find a clean dump. Unless I can find another copy of the games, that will stay like that :(

- For the extras, they are all related to Orion Prime. They are part of the physical release of the game & are not to be distributed. I have linked them since I own the original. Sorry... As a side note, all releases from Cronosoft will suffer the same fate as the roms are not to be distributed.

- For CPCE, open the CPCE.ini file and remove all the spaces after "Autotype=". It seems CPCE blocks after a certain number of characters & every time you run a game it creates a space on the line. I am not entirely sure how to fix that. If anyone can help, that would be much appreciated.

- GBCPC is configured for CPCE, so all games that are marked as "Works in CPCE" in the version tab will auto launch. I highly recommend using CPCE as everything is configured for it.

- As for Caprice, I understand that it does not like multi-core CPUs. You are out of luck & will not be able to use Caprice until some charitable soul fixes this.

- As far as i know, it is impossible to autorun games with WinAPE from within GBCPC. You need to manually insert a disk in a drive to get it to autorun. GBCPC preloads the game, so it won't autorun in WinAPE.

- Once again I highly recommend using the default emulator (CPCE) to run the games unless they do not work with CPCE. There are not that many that won't work, though & if they don't, they usually won't work on other emulators.

- You do not have to enter the Run command if you use the default emulator (CPCE). Games will autostart with the correct settings. The only thing to know is that if the "Autotype=" line has too many space, you need to delete them. Not very classy, but it works.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you run into other problems.

Loïc
oknihcap
Keen Member
Keen Member

Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:49 pm

I edited the CPCE.ini file like you instructed, but when I start a game, CPCE starts up and says:

Line Too Long
Ready

And if I check the CPCE.ini file again, it shows:

AUTOTYPE=Run"disc

It just keeps adding the other stuff back at the end after AUTOTYPE=

Am I doing something wrong?
ldaneels
Keen Member
Keen Member

Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:05 pm

hmm, more than likely the value of autorun is too long, so the spaces must still be there. Try to delete entirely the line & re-create the line with "autotype=".
I have done this several times & it always fixes the problem.
If not, I am at a loss... At any rate, I have mentioned the problem to James Burrows & he is looking into it.
Cheers,

Loïc

Return to “Other GameBase Projects”